Extra Currical Activities
From Prof. & Head of department
- Training on Modified Leprosy Elimination Program- TO MEDICAL OFFICERS AND AUXILLARY HEALTH WORKER MORE THAN 301999-2013
- Training on RTI/STI/HIV/AIDS to medical officers and FHW/ANM more than 40 lectures-funded by GSACS
- Specialist service for examination of mentally challenged children at ankur school on 23rd sept. 2007
- Resource person in workshop on healthy sexual life organized by dept. Of continuing and adult education and extension work, held on 22-01-2008 at sub centre Bhavnagar
- Lecture delivered on adolescence in mahila college bhavnagar
- Organized quiz on HIV/AIDS for UG students on 2000 at govt. medical college,bhavnagar
- Training To Family Physian As A Part Of CME Programme on Skin,VD, Leprosy-In Family Medicine Sponsered By : Federation of Family Physians’ Association Of India Venue : District Training Center, Sir T. Hospital, Bhavnagar,2003
- Attended many camps to treat patients at rural and urban places
- Appointed Postgraduate Examiner At many Universities of Gujarat.
- Chaired the sessions in state, national, international conferences.
- Chairperson Scientific committee state conference-IADVL GSB 2007.
- Member of scientific committee,dermacon 2013
- Lifetime member of more than 10 associations
Organisation of quiz
- On HIV/AIDS for medical students-2001
- On fredom fighter for medical students -15th august-2005
STD Clinic Activity and Reports
STD Clinic runs daily since Jan'2000. There is a separate consulting room for examining STD patients and privacy of the patients is maintained. There is a laboratory attached with the STD Clinic and facilities for diagnosis of STIs is available. Counseling center is attached with the STD Clinic and there is separate room for 1 male and 1 female counselor. Counselors educate the patients for safe sex practices, motivate patients for partner treatment, promote and supply condoms.
At first visit, drugs are supplied to the patients according to the guidelines prescribed in the syndromic approach to the management of STDs; and based on laboratory reports treatment is modified if required on subsequent visit.
Proper records of STD patients are maintained in the STD clinic.
- Leprosy Clinic (ANSUYA Leprosy Clinic and Counseling Center) is attached with Skin OPD, Sir T Hospital, Bhavnagar and runs every Friday Morning. Leprosy patients are seen daily in the OPD and are directed to come for follow up examination every Friday. Leprosy Supervisor assists the Doctor in smooth functioning of Leprosy Clinic. He takes smears of the patients, maintains proper records of the patients attending Leprosy Clinic and dispenses drugs to the patients.
- Patients with Lepra reactions and warranting hospitalization are admitted in the Ward treated accordingly. Patients with deformity / other medical illnesses are referred to concerned specialties for further management.