- IMNCI Training Program : Integrated Management of Neonatal & Childhood illness: The department has been assigned the responsibility of conducting training of Medical Officers, Staff Nurses of Bhavnagar,Amreli & Junagadh districts along with TOT for health workers. The department has already completed TOT of health- workers and 3 batches of Medical Officers. The training of Staff Nurses is going to start from 29th August 2006.
- MSU : Micronutrient Support Unit
Established in Sept. 2005 with the support of UNICEF & Govt. of Gujarat.Main activities of MSU are monitoring & supervision of following;
- Adolescent Girls Anemia control Program
- Vitamin A supplementation Program
- Universal Salt Iodization Program
- I.D.D. survey: The department has conducted resurvey of Bhavnagar & Amreli districts in 2000.
Presently this unit is looking after Bhavnagar , Amreli ,Junagadh and Surendranagar districts.
- SAEP :School Adolescent Education Program ( sponsored by Gujarat State AIDS Control Society)
This program was taken up by our department in 2005-06, in 38 schools of Botad & Gadhda Taluka of Bhavnagar district. 57 Nodal and 97 peer educators were trained by dept. faculties for four days workshop at Botad. These trained nodal teachers and PE trained 4793 students of 9th & 11th standard of their school. All School did 16 hrs of formal teaching about HIV/AIDS, Growing up, life skills etc. In addition , Celebration of World AIDS Day, World Blood Donation Day, Rallies to increase awareness amongst local People, essay, drawing, slogan competition, debated, role play ,drama were performed by schools to Increase awareness of HIV/AIDS in other students of school.All these activities were supervised by faculties of PSM dept.
- Regional Monitoring of RCH program for 3 districts, Bhavnagar, Amreli, & Junagadh
MICS : Multiindicator cluster survey : The department has assigned the job of doing MICS survey of Bhavnagar rural & Bhavnagar Urban areas in the year 2006. Amreli & Junagadh districts will be covered in next phase.
- IDSP:Integrated Disease Surveillance Project
Under this program 16 major communicable diseases are reported every week to Government of Gujarat by 9 Departments of Sir T. hospital, Bhavnagar.